Concept Application Deadline August 15, 2013
Proposal Deadline November 15, 2013
Grants Awarded January 2014
The deadline for the receipt of an on-line concept application is August 15, 2013. No email or paper applications will be accepted.
Applicants who are invited to submit full proposals will be notified well in advance of the full proposal deadline in November.
Application Steps (access code = sif)
1. Read the instructions before you click the button!
2. Click Apply Now. Register to submit a concept application by going to the online grant application system:
3. Register. Prior to submitting a concept letter application through the foundation’s online grants system, applicants must complete a one-time registration. You will need to supply your contact information and create a password to log in to the system. The foundation prefers that the principal investigator or primary contact register. Be sure to save your password where you can find it again because you will need it if you are invited to submit a full proposal.
4. Start New Application. Once you are in the system, click Start New Application on the top left side of your screen.
5. Enter Access Code. Enter the initials: sif (all lowercase) as the Access Code box on the middle left side of your screen.
6. Click Link to Open Form. Click the link to open the Concept Application Form.
7. Draft Application. Complete your on-line application. Save frequently. If you want to leave your application before it is complete, click on Save as Draft at the bottom of the screen. You can come back later and continue your application by signing in with your password and continuing to work on the application.
8. Click Submit Button When Complete. Your application must be submitted when you are done in order to remove it from draft status. After clicking submit, a new screen will appear confirming receipt of your application.
Consideration of Full Proposals
The Trustees invite a limited number of organizations to submit full proposals. The Sociological Initiatives Foundation does not accept or acknowledge proposals received outside of this process. The Foundation notifies applicants who have submitted concept applications if their preliminary request has been accepted by the Trustees and a full proposal will be considered.
General instructions and a link to the application form will be emailed with the notification. Grant recipients should wait one year before submitting a new request. Organizations whose concept applications or full proposals are denied may re apply after one full year from the date of the notification of the denial.
The overall foundation calendar each year is as follows:
2nd wk of Jan. Foundation annual meeting to select new grantees
January 15 Mail checks to new grantees; post grants on website
July 1st Distribute notices of funding availability for next year
August 15th Concept Application deadline
2nd wk of Oct. Trustee concept rankings in. Trustees consent on final invitations.
3rd wk of Oct. Notify all applicants
November 19th Deadline for FY 2013 Proposals
3rd wk of Nov. Deadline for interim reports on first year of funding for current grants
2nd wk of Dec. Decisions about second year funding.